Greenfire recognizes the value in sustainable building practices for future generations, and is committed to helping you meet your sustainability goals. Fundamentally, our program balances your financial, environmental, and operational considerations with design, materials, energy, and construction. Through logical integration of these variables, we are able to deliver high-quality buildings in a win-win fashion where building needs are met today without sacrificing the needs of our communities tomorrow.
Greenfire’s management staff provides strong leadership, innovation and commitments to sustainability. With 50% of our project management staff certified as LEED® Accredited Professionals, we offer strong guidance on the process and resources to secure sustainable or LEED-certified projects.
POTAWATOMI HOTEL & CASINO | MILWAUKEE, WI
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino attained LEED® Gold certification, making it the first casino hotel in Wisconsin to attain the green building honor.
From the time ground was broken, priority was placed on sustainability efforts. Through numerous green initiatives, the property’s goal was to become one of the premier sustainable developments in Milwaukee.
- Energy consumption is managed through innovative technology and conservation techniques guests experience as soon as they enter their rooms. When a hotel room key card is entered, the room’s thermostat senses activity and adjusts the room temperature accordingly.
- LED lighting throughout the property has controls in place to limit usage as needed.
- Sensors gauge how much natural lighting is coming through the hotel’s large windows during the day, keeping energy consumption down.
- Excess heat from the nearby Forest County Potawatomi Community Renewable Generation power plant offsets the need to burn natural gas for hot water.
- By incorporating native landscaping techniques, water consumption has been reduced significantly.
- Inside the hotel, all rooms feature low-flow water fixtures.
- An on-site storm water management system is in place.
- Building products were made from locally produced or recycled materials whenever possible.
- Wood products from local Native-owned forests were used throughout the property.
DATA HOLDINGS DATA CENTER | Milwaukee, WI
The Data Holding Data Center has achieved LEED Gold Certification according to the US Green Building Council. The project was seeking Silver, but exceeded expectations and achieved Gold.
- York Chillers with Fisen airside economizers for Free Cooling below 60 degrees
- White PVC Roofing – Heat Island Effect
- Parking Stalls for Low-emitting / Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Measurement and verification – All Electrical Panels are metered internally
- 30% + regional materials
- 20% recycled Content
- 75% of waste diverted from landfills
FCPC RENEWABLE GENERATION BIOGAS DIGESTER | Milwaukee, WI
The waste-to-energy project, one of the first of its kind in the Milwaukee-area, converts waste materials generated by the food and beverage industries to electricity. The electricity produced is sold to WE Energies as renewable energy. The installation is expected to produce approximately 2.0 megawatts (MW) of electrical power, which is enough electricity to power approximately 1,500 homes.
The facility is located one block west of Potawatomi Hotel & Casino on land owned by the FCPC.